- Dr. Ernest E. Rothman
Please make use of the following!
- Official office hours in O'Hare 213: Tuesday: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM; Wednesday: 1:30PM - 2:30PM;
Thursday: 11:00AM - 12:00PM;
and by appointment, drop-in, and Skype.
If there is a need to change the office hour schedule,
the new office hour schedule will be posted on the course web site.
- Phone ext. 3237.
Use of University Email In accordance with University policy:
Please note that all official email communications at the University involving faculty, students, and staff is to
be conducted using your official email addresses. Students must regularly check their University email for
important notifications from their faculty, the Registrar, and others.
Please come to see me during my office hours! If you have a conflict and cannot make my office hours,
please contact me and we can set up an appointment for another time. I will usually be available for
(audio and video enabled) instant messaging during office hours. When you come to my office hours or
contact me via Instant Messenger, please be prepared with specific course-related questions. You can also contact me by email.
TEXTBOOK AND OTHER MATERIALS
- Required Textbook: Probability and Statistical Inference 10th Edition, by Robert V. Hogg, Elliot A. Tanis, and Dale Zimmerman.
- Strongly Recommended Calculator: TI-83Plus or TI-84Plus graphing calculator.
- MATLAB is installed in the PC computer labs in the University Library. Additionally, you may purchase the
Student Edition of MATLAB to install on your laptop computer.
- LaTeX system: For macos MacTeX Distribution. For other platforms
GUIs for use with a TeX distribution (for OS X, Windows, Linux):
For macos only: TeXShop
MATHEMATICS AND GENERAL EDUCATION RESOURCES
RESOURCES PERTAINING TO MATHEMATICS AND AREAS TO WHICH MATHEMATICS IS APPLIED
Last modified: 2/26/2020